To give you some talking points before you meet our new principal, Mr. Mahaffey, at Meet the Teacher on Tuesday, we asked him, "What are the top five things you would like families to know about you?" See his answers below.
5 Things to Know About Me (Mr. Mahaffey)
1. I love my family, friends, students, and my church.
2. I also love bbq. Not just any bbq. Duke's in Orangeburg. That's where I'm from. (Orangeburg, not Duke's.) Duke's Bar-B-Que.
3. I have a pole vault pit in my backyard.
4. Two of my former students asked me to officiate their wedding. I became a notary public online so it would be legal.
5. I love cars. The favorite I've owned was a 1968 Camaro convertible. It was hot. My wife said I can't have another one until the kids graduate from college.
6. Can there be a 6th? I love my wife.