Dear HPA Families,
I hope you enjoyed the snow! Most importantly, I trust you were able to use this time at home to stay safe and healthy. As we look forward to seeing everyone again and resuming business as usual, there are a few updates regarding student testing.
- Due to our minimal supply of rapid result tests, we regret that we no longer have the resources needed to continue testing students for COVID-19 on campus. We feel fortunate to have been able to provide this service for the past several months but are unable to continue to do so moving forward.
- Students who exhibit symptoms, test positive or are returning from quarantine need to find an independent testing site. If you are unable to find a testing site and provide a negative test, you MUST quarantine for the entire 10 days.
- If you need to quarantine your student, please notify the school to make sure we count the absences as quarantine.
- Please keep in mind that students and staff who are returning from a 5-day quarantine will be required to wear a mask from days 6-10 and need to provide their own masks.
- If students are properly wearing a mask during exposure they will not be required to quarantine.
- If your child is unable to wear a mask properly throughout the time required after returning from quarantine, he/she will be asked to quarantine at home for the remainder of the time.
- If your children are sick with ANY illness, please do not bring them to school. If students are found to be sick at school, the nurses' office will call you to come and pick up your child.
We are making every effort to help keep our students safe as they are our top priority. Please continue to be diligent as we try to get our students and staff safely through this rise in illnesses. If you have any questions, please reach out to the nurses' office at [email protected]..
Thank you for your support,
Adrienne Clark, RN