High Point Academy Spartanburg has a current opening for a Food Service Worker. The position will prepare and serve food for students and staff. This position is also responsible for maintaining the cafeteria and dining area in a sanitary condition.
- Comply with safety and sanitation laws, policies and procedures
- Assist in the preparation of student and staff lunches
- Operate a computerized point of sale
- Assist in clean up of the kitchen, dishwashing room, and dining room
- Utilize at all times exemplary practices in sanitation and personal cleanliness
- Receive payment from students and staff for lunches
- Verify number and type of meals sold against cash received and free and reduced lunch list
- Count and wrap money, record lunch count, a la crate, beverage, and free and reduced lunches
- Separate working funds for the next day
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling, stooping, kneeling. Generally, the job requires 5% sitting, 25% walking, and 70% standing. The job is performed under some temperature extremes and conditions with some exposure to the risk of injury.